ILLINI RADIO GROUP “$50,000 Dream Car” Contest
1. Saga Communications of Illinois, LLC and Saga Communications, Inc. (herein referred to collectively as “Illini Radio Group” or “Sponsor”) will conduct the “$50,000 Dream Car” Contest (the “Contest”) Thursday, June 22, 2017. Subject to qualifications and limitations, contest is open to all Illini Radio Group listeners 18 years of age or older at the time of their participation in the contest, who hold a valid state article of identification, and reside or work within a 50-mile radius of the Illini Radio Group Studios (2603 W. Bradley Ave., Champaign, IL). Participants must not have won any prize valued at $600 or more on any Saga Communications of IL, LLC radio stations in the past six months.
2. The contest will be conducted on Thursday, June 22, 2017 at the I Hotel and Conference Center in Champaign, IL. To enter the contest, participants MUST register during the Working Women’s Expo, beginning at 4:00 p.m. central time at the I Hotel and Conference Center in Champaign, IL. Only registered entrants may qualify. You may only register once. Any multiple entries by a person will disqualify all entries by that individual. Contest registration will be closed immediately prior to the Grand Prize drawing, approximately 7:30 p.m. central time. REGISTERED CONTESTANTS MUST BE IMMEDIATELY PRESENT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GRAND PRIZE DRAWING.
3. To begin the contest, Illini Radio Group staff will randomly draw two Grand Prize finalists from the pool of registered entrants. The entrants drawn must present herself/himself to the Contest judge, who will located at the Contest display, within 30 seconds following the time her/his name is announced by the Contest emcee, or another entrant will be randomly drawn as the finalist, and so on until two eligible entrants are present and present themselves to the Contest judge within 30 seconds of their name being announced. Winners will be chosen at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Odds of being selected as a Grand Prize finalist will be depend on the total number of registered contestants, which cannot be determined at this time.
4. Each of the two (2) Grand Prize Contestants (each, a “Contestant”) will have the opportunity to roll four (4) contest specific dice, one die at a time. In the event that the Contestant rolls all four (4) dice and all four (4) required winning faces land facing upward, and Contestant has complied with the terms herein, the Contestant will win a $50,000 gift certificate to Napleton’s Auto Park of Urbana. In the event that the Contestant rolls all four (4) dice and three (3) required winning faces land facing upward, and the Contestant has complied with the terms herein, the Contestant will win $2500 cash, in the form of a check. In the event that the Contestant rolls all four (4) dice and two (2) required faces land facing upward, and the Contestant has complied with terms herein, the Contestant will win $500 cash, in the form of a check. Each of the four (4) dice will have only one (1) winning face. The required winning face will be the Napleton’s Auto Park of Urbana logo, and will be shown to each Contestant prior to their attempt. Each die will measure 6” X 6” X 6”. Each Contestant is allowed only one (1) attempt. The total number of Contestants will not exceed two (2).
5. The total number of dice to be rolled for each attempt shall be exactly four (4). The dice must be rolled one (1) at a time and each die must be held at diagonal corners at the time it is rolled. Each die must roll at least eight feet (8’) and must bounce against or directly hit the backboard of the playing surface in order to be considered an eligible roll. When each die comes to rest after being rolled, the die must remain on the playing surface with one (1) face flat on the playing surface. Only the face that finally lands facing upward will be eligible for play.
6. From the moment the dice are given to the Contestant until the attempt is complete, the dice may not be interfered with in any way and may not touch anything (including other dice) other than the playing surface. (Dice may not be altered by being struck by subsequently rolled dice). If any die involved in an attempt does not roll at least eight feet (8’), directly hit the backboard, or does not end up with one (1) face flat on the playing surface or is otherwise leaning, the die will be considered ineligible and the Contestant must roll only the ineligible die again. The die that has one (1) face flat on the playing surface may be moved if necessary. As each die comes to a complete stop with one (1) face flat on the playing surface AND the die face facing upward has been visually recorded, the Sponsor may move the die. Only the die face facing upward shown on the visual recording when the die is lying flat on the playing surface will be used for claim verification.
7. The Grand Prize gift certificate may be used for any goods and services provided by Napleton’s Auto Park of Urbana (example: new or used car purchase, including tax, title, license and documentation fee; auto service and parts). Gift certificate does not expire.
8. A maximum of one (1) Grand Prize Contestant per household will be allowed for this entire contest. Employees of Illini Radio Group, Saga Communications of IL, LLC, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the Illini Radio Group main studios are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is currently legal guardian.
9. In the event of a $50,000 Grand Prize being awarded, the winning Grand Prize contestant will be required to submit sufficient identification in person, including a valid government issued identification card containing a photo of the claimed winner and Social Security card by 5pm on the next business day following the date of winning the contest. The name on the identification must match the name provided during the contest. Failure to timely provide the identification documents will result in disqualification of the Grand Prize contestant.
10. The Grand Prize contestant is subject to verification of their identity and qualification to participate in the contest by Illini Radio Group prior to his/her Grand Prize being awarded.
11. Illini Radio Group is not, and cannot be held, responsible for a listener’s claimed inability to complete the required Contest entry whether due to equipment malfunction or telephone difficulties. Nor can Illini Radio Group be held responsible for a winner’s inability in getting to the Illini Radio Group studios to claim prizes or in failing to provide sufficient identification.
12. Illini Radio Group, Contest sponsors, and any affiliated companies and insurers are not responsible for any late, misdirected or incomplete entries, effects of hackers, or failure of any electronic equipment, computer transmissions and/or network connections. Illini Radio Group, sponsors and any affiliated companies and insurers are not responsible for any inaccuracies in information that may be used in the Contest, or for any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of entries.
13. Illini Radio Group, sponsors and any affiliated companies and insurers are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled, or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect
of this Contest as solely determined by the judges, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Illini Radio Group reserves the right to terminate an Official Contestant’s eligibility to participate. In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, hackers or other causes beyond the control of Illini Radio Group, or Contest sponsors which, in the sole opinion of Illini Radio Group, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Game, Illini Radio Group reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate all or any part of the Contest. Illini Radio Group, and any affiliated companies are not responsible for any entry which is generated by computer hardware or software, malfunction, error or failure, or is tampered with or subject to any non-authorized human intervention.
14. Prizewinners are required to sign an Illini Radio Group release form before the prize will be awarded. The release form includes a certification that the Official Contestant is fully aware of all terms and conditions in these rules. All winners are responsible for any federal, state and local taxes as well as any additional expenses incurred with the awarding or use of the prize, and therefore must present a valid Social Security card, or other evidence satisfactory to Illini Radio Group that the winner has a valid Social Security number, before claiming a prize. The winning Grand Prize contestant must execute and deliver to Illini Radio Group the “Winner’s Affidavit & Release” provided. By entering the Contest, each contestant agrees to permit himself or herself to be recorded on video to assure Contest integrity. By entering the Contest, each contestant agrees to execute an affidavit stating that he or she fully understands that any misrepresentation of fact as to eligibility, whether intentional or unintentional, will be sufficient cause to forfeit any prize award, and agrees to allow Illini Radio Group and its designee to use his or her name and likeness for any and all promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
15. Names and likenesses of Contest winner(s) may be used by Illini Radio Group and their designee(s) for promotional purposes without further compensation to Illini Radio Group or the Contest winner(s). Contest winners are required to sign a release that acknowledges that Illini Radio Group have the right to, without further authorization, reasonably use the winner’s name, voice, photo, likeness, biographical information, and that Illini Radio Group may use the fact that the winner is a Grand Prize winner for promotional purposes on-the-air without further financial remuneration. In addition, the prize winner releases Illini Radio Group, any of the participating sponsors, their officers, directors, stockholders and employees from any and all claims, liabilities and damages arising directly or indirectly from award or use of the prizes.
16. All prizes must be claimed within the specified time, outlined above, at the Illini Radio Group studios, 2603 West Bradley Avenue, Champaign, during regular business hours (8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday), failing which the prize remains the property of Illini Radio Group.
17. Contest void where prohibited. No purchase necessary to enter or win the Contest.
18. There will be no substitution for prizes. Participation in the Contest and the prizes awarded are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. Failure to collect the prize within the specified period constitutes forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited, the prize will remain the property of Illini Radio Group. Another winner will not be selected.
19. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible Official Contestants.
20. All decisions of Illini Radio Group management in the interpretation of these rules are final. By participating, persons agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges and the
official rules. If the winner is found to be in violation of the rules, he/she may be required to forfeit his/her prize.
21. In the event that the winner is subject to, or the subject of, any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner, (e.g. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien and the like), Illini Radio Group’s delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be entitled to rely in good faith upon any documents presented by the representatives seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. Illini Radio Group shall not be liable for any claim by winner for damage incidental thereto.
22. Illini Radio Group reserves the right to make rule and/or Contest changes without notice at any time.
23. A copy of these rules is available at Illini Radio Group, which is located at 2603 West Bradley Avenue, Champaign, Illinois, 61821. Phone: (217)352-4141 or logging into mix945.com; wixy.com; rewind925.com; and/or wyxyclassic.com
ILLINI RADIO GROUP “$50,000 Dream Car” Contest